Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. It takes various forms, such as slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour, and human trafficking. All forms mentioned have in common the deprivation of a person’s liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain.
SecuriGroup is an award-winning security service provider in the UK and Republic of Ireland. Our operations encompass a wide range of industries including retail, energy, financial services, property management, education and healthcare. Through our ethos of Safety, Courtesy, and Efficiency, SecuriGroup is committed to providing a best-in-class service, tailored to each client, with a focus on ensuring the safest and most robust service.
Our Corporate Governance
Good corporate governance is important because it embeds policies and rules for maintaining cohesion and a consistency of approach across an organisation. Governance, deployed correctly, will hold the Company and its officers accountable while navigating the Group clear of financial, legal and statutory pitfalls.
Our governance structure encapsulates remuneration, audit, risk and CSR. Anti-Slavery is a key component of our CSR approach and our methodology is reviewed quarterly by our Risk Committee.
Our Due Diligence
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. Our Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy demonstrates our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all business relationships. We have implemented and enforced effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in our supply chains.
To ensure that we, and all those in our supply chain, comply with our core values, and to identify and mitigate risk, SecuriGroup has systems in place to:
- Maintain strict adherence to the British Standard 7858, when onboarding all new employees. This emphasises the requirement to authenticate right to work, alongside address and employment history, thereby allowing for the identification of irregularities presented in the case of human trafficking, the biggest cause of modern slavery.
- Audit company rosters as a form of compliance check to ensure that all legal requirements are adhered to, inclusive of an employee's required rest period and the working time directive. Blocks have also been integrated into the scheduling system to ensure that employees can only work for specific periods and can only be deployed with the required BS7858 authentication.
- Ensure this statement has been implemented, and shared with all employees, clients and affiliates. This statement details SecuriGroup's aims and commitments, making clear the stance and responsibilities of the Company and the requirement to follow this statement throughout the business.
- Protect whistle blowers. A whistle blowing system has been set up and communicated to all employees, where they are able to confidentially report any concerns they may have in relation to modern slavery, be this affecting them personally, or an observation/concern they may have of a colleague. This is distributed to all employees in the form of a company handbook which is linked with each payslip.
- Ensure all non-labour providing suppliers are required to complete an approved supplier onboarding process, which includes the acknowledgement of their Modern Slavery compliance, alongside the provision of their associated policies. We will not engage with a supplier unless they have been fully onboarded, and therefore potential suppliers unable to evidence Modern Slavery compliance are not progressed.
- Ensure all labour providers affiliated with the Company are also required to undergo a comprehensive onboarding process; this includes a policy/certification stage which analyses compliance with numerous regulatory requirements, inclusive of Modern Slavery. Legitimacy checks are also conducted to ensure the affiliated company operates with complete legality. Further to this, all personnel provided by labour affiliates are subject to the same policies/procedures as SecuriGroup personnel and therefore receive access to the same resource to ensure compliance.
- Audit welfare and working conditions.
We are committed to acting transparently and ethically in all our business operations and implementing effective controls to ensure that modern slavery does not occur in our own business and within our supply chains. We will continue to monitor our policies, procedures, agreements and training to ensure that we uphold the highest levels of protection of vulnerable people in society.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes SecuriGroup’s anti-slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending September 2019.
SecuriGroup Managing Director
12th August 2020